SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY Presents: Colin Wilson, Forward of the NHL Nashville Predators
Sports Babe of the Day Presents: Colin Wilson, Forward of the Nashville Predators NHL Player, @ColinWilson33
The Wilson family is no stranger to the world of hockey being that both Carey Wilson who is the son of Jerry Wilson both made a strong name for themselves playing NHL hockey. It was only natural that Colin Wilson the son of Carey Wilson would step on the ice as well. However, make no
mistake about it Colin Wilson is making a name for himself all on his own since being drafted by the Nashville Predators in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. The 23-year-old, 6’1” forward for the Predators has claimed the spot as the team’s leading goal scorer this season and recently put four points on the board as a career-high that included two goals and two assists to help blowout the Oilers 6-0.
While his fans are cheering for him behind the glass to continue the Wilson legacy, you will find him always willing to throw a few pucks during warm-ups and getting the team amped up with house music before the next big game. Now, make sure you don’t forget that this NHL professional has a goofy side that is coming out one quote at a time, to see what I’m talking about just go check out his off the ice motto below! Now, here is what you have been waiting for:
20 QUESTIONS WITH COLIN WILSON
I started hockey when I was about three years old. I played a lot of racket sports, tennis, badminton, and did the soccer, baseball thing as well. My family is a hockey family and I’m from Canada so it kinda all came together, hockey is obviously the one I took most serious.
2. Coming from a hockey background where both your Father and Grandfather played in the NHL, did you ever feel any pressure to live up to that standard?
Maybe a little bit, my Dad was a great player but I don’t think it was too bad at all from a young age I made my own route going to play for the US, I kinda developed in my own way.
3. If you weren’t playing hockey for a living, what would you be doing?
I have no idea what I would be doing, I have lots of interest with psychology, sociology and history. That is what I was taking in college so who knows what I would of done with that, but I have no idea what I would be doing right now.
For me it’s about having fun and being excited about the game. I listen to a lot of house music and play a lot of songs for the team. I do a lot of research on it I go to websites like Itunes and research music. It all revolves around music for me.
5. What is the story behind your hockey number for the Predators #33?
I grew up with my Dad, he wore #33 that was his number it was pretty easy for me to take, having made it myself now I might of went with a different number.
6. Do you have a crazy pregame ritual or meal?
Chicken parm, it’s pretty standard. When your on the road you have a bit more of a collection but I always grab myself a big plate of chicken parm.
7. What has been the best experience you have had with a fan?
I just think before a game, I love giving pucks to the fans there are always the same ones. There hasn’t been any specific time but always during warm ups giving fans pucks is my favorite time.
I did’t have to declare a major because I was only there for two years but I was in the College of Arts and Sciences , took economics and marketing but I really enjoyed psychology and sociology courses that I would take.
9. Up until this point, what is your proudest achievement on or off the ice?
Just because it was recent and I didn’t even know about it but someone pointed it out to me that I had a 4 point night. During that time someone put up that my Dad never had a 4 point night so I was kinda excited to do something that my Dad hadn’t done. So far his career was better than mine so I want to start beating him in some areas.
10. So, speaking of your Dad is he the person who has most influenced you in your life?
Yea, everyone obviously has there Dad and generally there Dad is their greatest influence, my Dad has played over 500 games in the NHL and certainly understands the game more than the next person so it was great to have him.
11. What player would you go with Gretzky or Orr?
Gretzky, always Gretzky. Gretzky is the best player of all time.
Goofy … I don’t know, I have no idea what they call me but goofy, fun and energetic.
13. How do you stay in shape to play on the ice? What is your favorite type of workout?
My favorite stuff is pool workouts that I started doing this summer. I do a lot of training in the pool, lots of running, jump squats things like that, it’s really good for your body it’s a different way of training with low impact. It’s nice to get out of the weight room so I do that.
14. If we raided your fridge right now, what would we find?
Nothing, I don’t cook. I have chocolate milk, yogurt, maybe some hummus. I’m a big fan of hummus it’s a good snack and really healthy.
15. If we looked at your IPOD right now, what would be the top 3 songs on the playlist?
Top million voices by Otto Knows, I’m different by 2 Chainzs, and TIESTO chasing summers
16. What is your favorite Twitter account to follow, sports or non-sports related?
Rob Delaney is pretty funny, hes a comedian I enjoy following him he says some pretty outrageous things. I like that and any parody account of a hockey player, I mean that Not Dany Heatley thing (@DanyAllStar15) is pretty funny.
“It’s all about winning the battles,” that’s on the ice.
“Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things,” that’s off the ice.
18. Here we always like to ask for our readers, are you single, dating, or locked down?
I’m definitely single.
19. What’s your idea of a perfect date?
I like doing the doing the whole dinner and movie thing, it’s pretty standard but probably my favorite thing to do. You get to talk go get some entertainment afterward.
20. Who would YOU feature as the next Sports Babe Of The Day?
Thank you Colin for an amazing interview! And go sauce this BABE a follow on Twitter over @colinwilson33!
Interview by @TiaPreece
(Photos Courtesy of Twitter and @colinwilson33)
Latest posts by Tia Preece (see all)
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Travis Turnbull, Forward for the ERC Ingolstadt, Deutsche Eishockey Liga League, Germany – November 25, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Berry Henson, Professional Golfer, Asian Tour Player – November 20, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Charlie Douglass, Ladies European Tour Golf Player – July 17, 2013