SBOTD Presents: John Wolfner, Golf Lover of The Bachelorette
SBOTD Presents, Golf Loving Bachelor from Season 8 of the Bachelorette, John Wolfner @jwolfner on Twitter.
Do we have a game changer for you…. Today’s Sports Babe of the Day is a twist on our usual studly athletes. Yes, this talk, dark, and handsome man is an athlete and golf lover, but that is not what he is known for. This St. Louis, Missouri native, John Wolfner was on season eight of The Bachelorette and became a fan favorite making it to the top six. His “St. Louis Preppy Style” was something many fans of the show grew to adore; with his most well known article of clothing being his red pants.
Growing up with his dad owing three golf courses throughout the St. Louis area, this babe fell head over heals in love with the sport. Not only is John an eligible bachelor and golf lover, he recently MODELED for Lululemon. Yes, ladies you read that right, John is a fitness-clothing model. An ocean lover who loves to boat and fish with an ice-cold beer and some tunes is something the girls at Babes Dig Balls can work with. Our driven and motivated babe is backing a successful career with high expatiations for 2013. If you aren’t already swooning over John enough, here are 21 Questions guaranteed to make you want a date with one of St. Louis’ most eligible bachelors.
21 Questions with John Wolfner:
1. Of course we have to ask the most important question, are you single, dating, or locked down?
Ha, I am currently single. I tend to go on some dates here and there but nothing serious just yet…
2. What makes you the perfect Bachelor?
Don’t know if being a Bachelor is something one can be perfect at. I am not looking to be a Bachelor forever, eventually I would like to find someone, it just hasn’t happened yet.
3. Why did you apply to be on the Bachelorette?
Honestly, why not! My girlfriends put me up to it and I thought it could be a cool experience.
4. Explain your experience on The Bachelorette to us in one sentence…
Great friendships, lifelong memories and I’ll never do it again.
5. You love golf! At what age did you start playing golf?
I do, I was swinging a plastic golf club at 2 and my dad gave me real clubs at age 6.
6. How often are you able to get out on a range or course?
In the warm months I practice 3-5 a week and play probably twice a week. The winter months I don’t do much except chip and putt in my living room.
7. Up until this point, what is your proudest achievement in your life?
I would have to say my career. I like to think I am a pretty driven person when I am properly motivated, I expect a lot out of myself and I hope to have a big 2013.
8. Did you have anyone, such as a golf pro from your childhood, who reinforced your love for the game?
I had a unique childhood when it comes to golf. My Dad owned 3 golf courses in the St. Louis area, so I pretty much started working in the golf business at 10 years old. My dad used to wake me up at 5am on every Saturday and Sunday morning to go to the course. I was a cart boy from 5:30am until the early afternoon. When my work was over I would work on my game until my dad was ready to leave. One of the golf courses was Jack Nicklaus design golf course called Stonewolf. I met Mr. Nicklaus a few times during the design and construction of the golf course, which was a highlight of my childhood and golf development. He is one of the smartest individuals I have ever met and something I will never forget.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
My Grandpa. He treated everyone with respect no matter who you were. He preached to me to treat others how you would want to be treated. That’s one thing I try to do on a daily basis, he was a lot better at it than I am.
10. What is your favorite course to play in St. Louis? Anywhere in the world?
Favorite course in St. Louis would be Saint Louis Country Club. I like a golf course that makes you hit a variety of golf shots and is fun to play and I feel Saint Louis Country Club has plenty of that. My favorite course in the world would be Augusta National, haven’t played it yet but someday.
11. If we were to look at your top 3 songs played on your iPod, what would they be?
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Submarine by The Black Keys & Sunrise by Ryan Bingham, I could listen to Ryan Bingham all day.
12. You recently modeled for Lululemon, what was that experience like and did you get to keep the clothes?
Yeah, it was fun! All pretty easy stuff just did some running and stretching in their gear. I did get to keep some stuff; I am obsessed with their boxer briefs. I highly recommend them if you girls are looking for an easy gift for your man. It’s a game changer!
13. Name your top 3 pet peeves…
Black hair on a chick’s arm, Extreme levels of High maintenance, and Bad drivers.
14. How would best you describe yourself in three words?
Cool, Calm, Collected.
15. Many girls are just dying to know where they would get taken on a first date…what is your idea of an impressionable first date?
That’s a good question…I have a first date on Friday night actually, we are going to a Tapas restaurant with good energy and cocktails. If everything goes well after dinner, I would like to go to an intimate wine bar where we can snuggle up on a couch and have a bottle of wine over a roaring fire.
16. Are you a momma’s boy?
I love my mom, she is an angel! My dad is the luckiest guy in the world! They have been married for 32 years and I think they are more in love than they were when they got married. I’m definitely not a momma’s boy though, I am pretty independent and don’t rely on to many people when it comes to everyday problems but she is there if I need her.
17. What is one thing that can turn your mood around instantly?
The Ocean, I love boating and fishing. You give me a sunny day, a boat, a cold beer and my favorite tunes on the radio and I’m a happy camper. It can be even better if I have a girl with me that enjoys all the same stuff.
18. Do you have any pets? If not do you want any pets in the future?
I don’t, I want a yellow Lab but not until I get a truck and a house with a yard.
19. Most guys love their cars…what kind of car do you drive now and what is your dream car?
I drive a Lexus IS, I know it’s a chick car but I need something reliable that gets good gas mileage bc I drive a lot for work. I have a lot of dream cars but I am looking to get my dream motorcycle this spring… A Ducati 1199 Panigale. My car would probably be a black 911 Porsche turbo.
20. Do you have a favorite quote/motto that you take to heart?
Attitude drives actions. Actions drive results. Results drive lifestyles.
21. Who would you feature as our next SBOTD?
Golf Channel Analyst, Holly Sonders(@HollySondersGC). Total Babe.
Successful, driven, calm, cool, and collective make this stud our ideal man. Remember to hit follow on twitter, @jwolfner, especially if you want hilarious live tweeting during Sean Lowe’s (@SeanLowe09) season of the Bachelor every Monday night.
(Photo Credit: John Wolfner)
Latest posts by Marjorie Notter (see all)
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Eric Kleineck, Sauce Hockey CEO – December 6, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Adam Cracknell, St. Louis Blues Forward – August 30, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Mat Clark, Anaheim Ducks’ Defenseman – August 23, 2013