SBOTD Presents: Ray Kaunisto, Forward for the Colorado Eagles
SBOTD Presents: Ray Kaunisto, Forward for the Colorado Eagles @rayk71 on Twitter
Ladies, prepare yourself for today’s SBOTD! This 6’4” blue-eyed babely beauty caught my eye and will for sure catch yours! Playing professional hockey in the ECHL for the Colorado Eagles, Ray Kaunisto proves that hockey players are some of the sexiest athletes around!
The Michigan native attended school at Northern Michigan University along side his brother! Playing hockey all four years of college, Ray caught the eye of the Los Angeles Kings who signed him to a two-year entry-level contract in 2010. As a restricted free agent, on August 21, 2012 Ray signed with the St. John’s Icecaps then moved to the Colorado Eagles in the ECHL. Standing at 6’4”, Ray’s large framed body brings a rugged style of play to the ice that sets him apart from the others. He is truly a country boy, with his love of Budweiser, his chocolate labs, and his F150 truck. Put your reading glasses on for this one, 22 questions with Ray Kaunisto.
22 Questions with Ray Kaunisto:
1. Of course we have to ask the most important questions, because all the ladies are dying to know, are you single, dating, or locked down?
Depends on who is asking!
2. At what age did you start playing hockey? When did you realize you wanted to pursue it professionally? Did anyone have some influence on your decision to go pro?
I started playing hockey before I can even remember. It’s always been a dream of mine to play pro so it was an easy decision. My parents have been the biggest influence on me in my career.
3. Up until this point, what is your proudest achievement in both your career and life?
In my career – turning pro. In my life – staying alive.
4. When you were playing youth hockey what coach reinforced your love of the game and how did they do that?
My Uncle Joe who was my junior and college coach taught me most of everything I know today and taught me to bring the best out in myself.
5. Each athlete has some way to mentally prepare for a game…what is your method before the game and how do you stay mentally focused during a game?
I try to stay light in the locker room and not too serious, but during the game I like to get physically involved and that keeps me focused.
6. What if any obstacles have you overcome during your career?
There are always ups and downs, and sometimes you want to quit, but staying mentally tough is the hardest part and not giving up something you love.
7. Do you have a crazy pregame ritual or meal?
I eat 6 eggs before I go to the rink.
8. Who was your role model growing up?
Everyone on the Red Wings.
9. Where is your favorite place to play on the road? Why?
Growing up it was always Joe Louis Arena because its where the Wings play.
10. If we were to look at your top 3 songs played on your ipod, what would they be?
Blake Shelton – Sure Be Cool if You Did. Florida Georgia Line – Get Your Shine On. Tyga – Make it Nasty. LOL
11. Lululemon or Nike?
12. Name your top 3 pet peeves…
Bad drivers, back hair patches, Toyota Prius.
13. How would best you describe yourself in three words?
Hockeyplayer, yooper, friendly.
14. If you were not a hockey player what would you be doing?
Living in my parent’s basement playing video games and chirping @biznasty2pt0 from a fake twitter account.
15. I know you went to the Northern Michigan University…what did you study? Do you intend to put your degree to work after your hockey career? On that note, where do you see yourself after you hockey career?
Entrepreneurship, and yes I want to own my own business with my brother and my buddies. I think we will start something pretty soon… I hope!
16. Many girls are just dying to know where they would get taken on a first date…what is your idea of an impressionable first date?
Getting lost in the woods in a 4×4 truck.
17. Are you a momma’s boy?
Does this answer your question?
18. What is one thing that can turn your mood around instantly?
My dog and a Busch Light.
19. Do you have any pets?
2 female chocolate labs, they are my best buds!
20. Most athletes love their cars…what kind of car do you drive now and what is your dream car?
Ford F-150 crew cab. I like my truck, I consider it my dream car.
21. Do you have a favorite quote/motto that you take to heart?
Keep on keepin’ on.
22. Who would you feature as our next SBOTD?
Devin DiDiomete (@deeds2424) my roommate or my brother Kory Kaunisto.
A dog lover and a momma’s boy…eat your heart out girls! Go hit that follow button for this stud @rayk71 on Twitter!!!
(Photo Credit: Ray Kaunisto and Getty Images)