Sports Babe Of The Day: Tia Preece, The Babely Vice President Of BabesDigBalls.com
Sports Babe of the Day Presents: Tia Preece, The Babely Vice President and Co-Owner of BabesDigBalls.com, @TiaPreece on Twitter
I’m the “Babely Vice President,” and part owner of BabesDigballs.com! I’m so excited to be a part of the team and help grow the company. On top of that I am grateful to have met everyone on the BabesDigBalls.com team including the founder, Miranda Furtado. A few fun facts about me is that yes, I am Canadian but I live in the down in Florida. I do loving go back to my roots up in Canada in the summer as much as I can to hit up cottage country. My main goal in the sports world is to hopefully cover the NHL or PGA Tour one day, but BabesDigBalls.com is not a bad gig either. I also currently work with the Florida Everblades in the ECHL. Hopefully, I will be able to bring BDB to the next level and really make it a household name with the rest of the gals on the team!
15 QUESTIONS WITH TIA PREECE
1. If your friends were to describe you in three words what would they say?
I went and asked two of my best friends and they said funny, caring and outgoing.
2. Name something you do when you are alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others?
Hmm…well one thing I will not do in front of other people is brush my teeth. I hate watching people brush their own teeth and I do not do that in front of anyone else!
3. If we were to look at your top 3 songs played on your iPod, what would they be?
I actually do not have an iPod, I use my phone for everything and have all my music on that. So, the top 3 on my phone is basically all rap music.
I love hockey, golf and basically any sport … except badminton. I just don’t understand badminton and if anyone wants to take the time to explain it to me you are more than welcome too! Since, I am down in Florida I do get to spend a lot of time out on the golf course so I try and fit that in when I can. Also, the Tampa Bay Lightning are my favorite hockey team and yes my favorite golfer is still Tiger Woods. Rickie Fowler has a chance to win me over but for some reason I just haven’t been able to get an interview with him yet!
5. What is your proudest accomplishment to date?
Hmmm…this is a good one but I would say going back to school to get a degree in Journalism. I have a Business Administration degree but I always wanted to write, so know time like the present.
6. Growing up, did you have a role model or someone who inspired you to be who you are?
My Dad, I will look up to and miss him every day. Forever loved.
7. If you had a round trip ticket to any destination in the world, where would you go and why?
Well, I go there all the time but I’d take a round trip ticket to Temagami, Ontario. My family has had a cottage in those parts. You just can’t beat it, no power, no internet, just the woods and fishing! #peaceful
8. What do you do when you relax?
I love to golf, I’m not always very good and I don’t need to be, bottom line is I just like it and anything outdoors. Give me a fishing pole and a kayak and I’m a happy girl!
9. If we raided your fridge right now, what would we find?
Hummus, salad bags, chicken and tons of condiments. I’m addicted to Diet Coke and I really like frozen Fat Free Cool Whip so that too.
Yes, I have two dogs! I’m a dog person not a cat person.
11. What makes you nervous?
Public speaking, I understand I have to do it but it never gets any easier!
12. For all the readers, we have to ask are you single, dating or locked down?
I’m single right now but always dating! Trying to find the next good one, though I seem to be going through a lot of bad ones.
13. What is your idea of the perfect date?
Sushi and hitting the beach afterwards!
14. Who would you feature as the next Sports Babe of the Day?
I really want to have a big interview for Sports Babe of The Day. Hopefully one day it will be Tiger Woods, but right now I’m focused on Rickie Fowler.
15. What do you want to be remembered for?
Being family oriented.
There you have it, 15 questions with the Vice President and Co-Owner of BabesDigBalls.com. If you want to know more about Tia Preece just hit her up on Twitter @TiaPreece she will always tweet you back!
Latest posts by Tia Preece (see all)
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Travis Turnbull, Forward for the ERC Ingolstadt, Deutsche Eishockey Liga League, Germany – November 25, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Berry Henson, Professional Golfer, Asian Tour Player – November 20, 2013
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Charlie Douglass, Ladies European Tour Golf Player – July 17, 2013