SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: David Rollins, Pitcher For The Houston Astros Org
Sports Babe Of The Day Presents: David Rollins, Pitcher for the Houston Astros Organization @rawdeezy14
David Rollins is a born-and-raised Southern Boy; Born in Galveston, and raised in Carthage, Texas this 6’1”, 209 lb pitcher is constantly working on perfecting his game, in his bid to make it to the bigs.
Rollins was selected by Toronto in the 24th round of the 2011 First-Year Entry Draft, out of San Jacinto College North, and played in the Toronto Org during the 2011 and 2012 seasons, for the Bluefield Blue Jays, Vancouver Canadians, and the Lansing Lugnuts. Rollins was a part of some major moves made by the Blue Jays in July of 2012, sending him to the Astros Org, in exchange for Carpenter, Happ and Lyon.
This past year, 23 year-old David has worked his way through the Houston Astros Organization, playing for the Lancaster JetHawks, Corpus Christi Hooks, and the Oklahoma City RedHawks. Playing from A, to AA, to AAA, we’re excited to see Rollin’s progression with the Astros in 2014.
23 QUESTIONS WITH DAVID ROLLINS
I would be coaching a summer ball team, and giving baseball lessons.
2. What has been your best career-related memory, to date?
Celebrating winning the first half with my teammates in Lancaster – that’s always an awesome experience!
3. In three words, how would your teammates describe you?
I’d say they don’t know the real side of me. I don’t talk a lot in the locker room. Friends of mine would say that I’m outgoing, a comedian, and a great vibe.
4. If you could put together a fantasy baseball team, with any players, past or present, who would be on your roster?
Nolan Ryan (Pitcher)
Phillip Humber (Pitcher)
Johan Santana (Pitcher)
Ivan Rodreguiez (Catcher)
Rafael Palmero (First Baseman)
Delino Deshields (Second Baseman)
Jose Reyes (Shortstop)
Randy Johnson (Third Baseman)
Morgan Endsberg (Third Baseman)
Josh Hamilton (Outfielder)
Kevin Pillar (Outfielder)
Mike Trout (Outfielder)
Moises Alou (Outfielder)
Griffy Jr. (Outfielder)
Alfonso Soriano (Outfielder/Second Baseman)
Craig Biggio (Second Baseman/Catcher/Outfielder)
5. If you could design your own jersey, what would your signature colours be?
Gotta stay with the Blue and Orange! I like it.
6. If you were going to the 2014 ESPYS, describe what your outfit of choice would be:
It would be a Black suit, with Baby Blue vest and tie, and a White shirt with a pair of Back square toes.
7. Players are getting more into fashion, with a number posting their OOTD (outfit of the day) on Twitter/Instagram, and stepping it up a notch with their post-game suits. How important is personal style to you?
Honestly, I don’t really care about it. I mean don’t get me wrong there are days I wake up and say “it’s one of those days”, But most of the time, it’s a shirt, jeans, and boots or flip flops.
9. What do you feel the most sexy in?
Well honestly, I get told when I wear sweatpants and a t-shirt that I look sexy, but then there are days I have a collared shirt, jeans, belt, and boots on, and get looks.
10. I bet you do. With that being said, what do you think a woman is the most sexy in?
I love seeing the dress-and-boots look, mainly because where I grew up girls do that all the time. I really like the business woman look haha. Don’t judge.
11. We have to ask in every interview, and I know there are some boot-wearing girls out there wondering – Single, Dating, or Locked Down?
I am single as of right now.
12. If you were in charge of getting everyone amped up in the clubhouse, what are your top three songs you’d play for the boys?
WOP by J Dash
Don’t Drop That Thun Thun by Finatticz
Hell and Back by Kid Ink feat. MGK
13. If you were called up to the bigs tomorrow, what would your walk-up song be?
I’d say it would have to be “We Still In This B” by B.o.B feat T.I. and Juicy J
15. Because you travel a lot, what is one thing you can’t leave home without?
16. Alright, you’re a sensible man! So if we were to look in your travel toiletries bag, what would be the most surprising product we would find?
My cologne from Victoria’s Secret, Very Sexy For Him. Guys need to get it – women love it.
17. It’s true! I’ve made my past boyfriends wear it… Good taste, David! So what’s one thing we’d be shocked to find in your locker at the clubhouse?
18. Because you workout, play, and travel frequently, what do you do to keep your immune system in fighting shape?
I take my vitamins in the morning, and if I do start feeling sick, I get after it right away.
19. What does a day of training look like for you, during the season, in terms of your nutrition, and workout schedule?
Well I run everyday. Gotta eat breakfast, lunch, and snacks in-between… Good ones, not cookies and fruit roll ups, like I tend to do most of the time.
When I’m in the weight room, get after it.
20. Part of working hard, is playing hard. Do you have any secret hangover remedies you can share with us?
Well… I have come to find out that Blue Gatorade and BC Powder tend to help a lot! Haha.
21. What’s the best souvenir you have, from all of the cities you’ve played in?
My host families! They are absolutely awesome!
22. If you could nominate someone to be a Sports Babe of the Day on Babes Dig Balls, who would it be?
I’d have to say Morgan Endsberg.
23. QUICK – boxers or briefs?
You already know I’m with the briefs – gotta feel sexy too.
Thanks so much for chatting with us, David! We look forward to watching you work towards the BIG SHOW!
If you want to stay updated on David, follow him on Twitter.
We can’t wait to see him make it in the Big League!
Interview by Joscelyn Longo – find me on twitter at @joscelynlongo
(Photo Credit: David Rollins)
Latest posts by Joscelyn Longo (see all)
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Ashleigh McIvor, Women’s Freestyle Skiing Olympic Gold Medalist, CBC Host – February 26, 2014
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Clara Hughes, Speed Skater and Cycling Olympic Medalist, and CBC Host – February 25, 2014
- SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: James van Riemsdyk, Left Winger for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Team USA Olympian – February 18, 2014