20 QUESTIONS WITH MARK MCMORRIS
1. Well being a Saskatchewan native myself, I know that the prairies aren’t known to turn out world-class snowboarders. How did you get into snowboarding?
My family was really into winter sports so we were traveling out to the mountains quite a few times a year.
2. You’ve made your big tricks look pretty effortless. What was the hardest trick to learn?
Definitely the technical ones like the triple cork. Where there is lots of risk involved.
3. The triple cork is quickly becoming a standard trick in snowboarding. Where do you go from there?
Different variations and in slopestyle trying to link them up back to back.
4. Why choose disciplines like Big Air or Slopestyle over something else like Superpipe?
When I grew up I had no halfpipe to ride, so it wasn’t really in the cards for me.
5. Who are your favorite people to ride with?
My brother Craig! And all the homies! They know who they are.
6. If we asked another rider like Seb Toots to describe you in three words, what words do you think he’d choose?
I’d have to leave that up to them.
7. What advice would you give to someone looking to become a professional snowboarder?
Make sure you are doing it for the love and the love to progress.
8. How major would it be to be apart of Team Canada in Sochi?
It would be huge! The chances of me going are high, I just need to stay healthy and keep having fun.
9. Apart from your already rad sponsors (Burton, Red Bull, Oakley, DVS, Mophie, the Source, and AWSM), what company would be your dream sponsor?
10. Where has been your favorite place to travel this season?
I would have to say Switzerland.
11. Which do you prefer (for snowboarding): East Coast or West Coast? Canada or U.S.?
West coast of Canada and USA.
12. Any particular songs or artists you like to listen to while boarding?
Any sort of hip hop and bluegrass.
13. Do you have any unusual talents?
I grew up Skateboarding so that’s something that I also shine in I guess.
14. How do you keep occupied on the long plane flights?
Watch mad movies and TV shows. Also bug my filmer Adam Burwell next to me on most flights.
15. If you had to pick a character on Trailer Park Boys that you’re most like, who would it be and why?
Hahahahaha none is the right answer but julien is the man!
16. What would you be doing if you weren’t snowboarding?
Hopefully surfing or skating for a living 🙂
17. If you could hang out with anyone for a day, who would it be and what would you do?
Will Ferrall and I would like to sit and listen to him make me laugh haha.
18. Who would YOU feature as Sports Babe of the Day?
19. What is your proudest accomplishment to date?
Probably winning the X games back to back for the past two years.
20. And finally something all of your lady fans are dying to know, are you single or locked down?
Single as of now! hahahahaha