For the last five years Tanner Farrow has been climbing the ranks of elite snowboarders in the US. This Ketchum, ID native was poised to have a terrific 2013 season when and ACL injury crushed his chances. After applying himself to his rehab Tanner is more ready than ever for the 2014 season.
Farrow was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to answer 21 questions with us, so let’s get to what you all have been waiting for!
21 QUESTIONS WITH TANNER FARROW
1. How did you get started skiing? And when did you realize you wanted to do it professionally?
I started skiing at the ripe age of 1.5 and I decided that very first day that I want skiing to become my job.
2. As a rookie on the U.S Team, what are your main goals in the next year?
My biggest goal for the next year is to try and win a nor-am title.
3. Do look up to anyone specifically on the team?
I look up to pretty much everyone. the team is rad
4. As a young guy, how did you manage to balance school and training?
I couldn’t hang, I ended up dropping out of high school at the beginning of my senior year so I could focus on skiing. Luckily I was able to find an online school that required less credits to graduate and received my diploma in the mail!
5. Do you have any crazy pre-race rituals?
I don’t, I just like to grab a nice stretch and listen to some music
6. What is your most memorable moment as an athlete?
No specific moment, I’m just so stoked every time I am skiing pow or racing
with my buddies and we are all fired up.
7. You still have a lot of miles left on the snow, but what do you see yourself doing after your skiing career?
I honestly have no clue, maybe become a quantum physicist ;).
8. How do you balance pushing your limits while still staying healthy and injury free for races?
I haven’t totally found the balance yet. I crash a lot and just got cleared from a surgery
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 items would you have to have with you?
Item 1: 10 million dollar home
Item 2: private helicopter
Item 3: trophy wife
Item 4-5: my dogs
11. Have you ever tried snowboarding?
Ya … I was rendered unconscious.
12. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I dabble in the culinary arts.
13. If we looked through your iPod, what would we find on it?
You would find almost everything from asap to Elvis.
14. What do you do in your down time?
I enjoy skateboarding, biking, I’m a novice surfer, and I just want to be outside all the time enjoying nature.
15. Where’s your favorite place you’ve traveled?
Rome, Italy, rented a two man vespa with my buddy and went to every major tourist attraction.
16. We’ve got to ask, are you single, dating, or locked down? And what’s your ideal lady?
I am beyond single, its great. My ideal lady friend is kind of tall but not to tall, tan but not to tan, blonde or brunette but not both, a nice smile with an above average lip size, and who is rad and does cool stuff outside.
17. Who’s your favorite person to room with when you’re on the road?
St. Nicholas Krause, we keep everything clean and have intelligent conversations..
18. Do you like ladies who can ski, or would you rather take up the challenge and try to teach them?
Both, ideally go with a girl who can ski Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, and then teach Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
19. If you could trade places with anyone for a day who would it be and why?
20. If you could be a pro in any other sport, what would it be?
Rally car racing.
21. Who would you feature as our next Sports Babe Of The Day?