Growing up Tanyka was always athletic, trying any sport she could. As an adult she got the chance to try football in the LFL and made the team. Athletic skills are one thing, but it doesn’t hurt that this beauty has modeled for Playboy. Coming from a small town in Connecticut, graduating college was a huge accomplishment, but starting her ability to start her own corporation even shocked herself. Though this beauty spends time in front of the camera and on major TV networks on the football field, she is a shy girl who aspires to live life to the fullest and make her grandmother proud. Tanyka leads a busy New York llife, but this nutritionist is hoping to help others with her book A Guide to a Sexier Backside- she even weighed in on the twerking trend! Let’s learn a bit more about Tanyka Renee.
20 QUESTIONS WITH TANYKA RENEE
1. What sports were you in growing up?
2. How did you get into a Lingerie Football League? What is your favorite part about being a part of the organization?
One of my friends played for Miami and she told me about it. I went and tried out in Boston. I made the team. I didn’t know it was so intense with the tackling. I played the first year they turned it into a league. I didn’t know we’d have to train and have so many practices, but I loved it! I loved being part of a team again. I’d missed that unity from high school and college. I loved the fact the LFL gave girls an opportunity to play sports on national TV. We got to travel and experience that as football players.
3. In any league football is pretty rough. What was your worst injury?
I was blessed not to have many injuries. I’m the type of girl that even if I have to get a little dirty, I’m going to hit you hard to you don’t hit me hard. I guess I would say breaking my finger.
4. You’ve been modeling since you were 13, what’s your favorite part of being a model?
Being in front of the camera I become someone else. I’m actually really shy- modeling takes me out of my shell.
5. You’ve written a book A Complete Guide to a Sexier Backside. We should definitely check it out, but if you could give us your top three tips to getting a Sexier Backside what would they be?
Water, water, water – dehydration causes cellulite!
Squats and lunges
Eating right- a healthy diet of greens, fruits and veggies. avoid fried foods.
6. As a backside aficionado what do you think of the twerking trend?
I’m a little tired of it. Everyone’s twerking now- it’s becoming a household trend. It can be a form of exercise. Nothing raunchy. Have fun with it. I don’t want to see kids twerking- let the adults do it.
7. How would your friends describe you in three words what would they say?
quiet, awkward, healthy
8. Do you have a saying or motto you live by?
Live life to the fullest.
9. If we raided your fridge right now, what would we find?
Avocado, cucumbers, apples, lots of veggies. I juice a lot. I’m a New Yorker. I don’t have time to cook so when I do it’s only greens and I only juice at home.
10. Who was your role model growing up?
My grandmother- She’s a very strong woman. Anything she wanted to do she just went out and did it. She’s kind. She’s the sweetest person I know. She raised three daughters on her own. She came to Connecticut by herself. She became a teacher to help people. She motivated me to do everything that i’m doing. I hope one day to be a little bit of her.
11. Do you have any guilty pleasures that we should know about?
I have lots- shopping, i watch too much tv, I get addicted to reality shows. I also love French fries.
12. If you could visit anywhere in the world at this very moment, where would you go and why?
Would love to go to Africa. They say everyone comes from Africa. I would love to go just to experience it.
13. Up until this point, what is your proudest achievement?
Starting my own corporation. I come from a little town in CT and most people don’t even expect people to go to college. So for me to start my own corp. was like WOW. People were impressed, I impressed myself.
14. There are a lot of people who are unsure how to start working out. How would you encourage them to start?
Make it fun. take a yoga class, zumba class. Try a dance class. You don’t have to go to the gym and just be one with the weights.
15. You’re holistic counselor, have a book coming out, model and own D2B Holistic, when you have down time what do you like to do to unwind?
I’m a workaholic. go through emails, set goals for myself. I’ve just taught myself how to take it easy and meditate.
16. We always like to ask for our readers, are you single, dating, or locked down?
very very single
17. To you what is a great first date?
Going to the gym together!
18. How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered for how I make people feel.
19. The NFL season is starting soon- who do you root for?
20. Who would YOU feature as the next Sports Babe Of The Day?
David Beckham- he’s so sexy!
Thanks, Tanyka, for adding us to your busy schedule.